Delta planer not feeding

I have a Delta 12-1/2" planer that doesn't want to feed anymore. The rollers slip pretty badly, and unless I'm taking the finest cut I have to push some pieces through. The rubber rollers feel like they have sawdust stuck to them, so maybe they are gripping like they should. Has anyone else run into this problem?
--
John Snow
"If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be here"

The rollers are probably dirty. Use some rubbing alcohol to clean them up.
If you've been doing pine, you'll want turps or mineral spirits as a better solvent than alcohol for resin.
WD-40 for mine, but they're metal.

Leon wrote:

Also try waxing the table.

Don't laugh, but I had the same problem and my blades were dull.
First, clean the bed with solvent and then wax it. You'll be amazed.
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com

I have a Delta 22-540 12-1/2" planer and I'm buying some carbide blades through Magnate Inc.. These blades are not cheap. ($127 ea) There is also a belt that Magnate sells that powers the rollers. Is this belt in good shape. It sells for under $5. I wanted to get some carbide blades for my 37-070 bench top jointer, however I don't seem to be able to find them. So,..... I have decided to have some new blades cryoed. A company called One Cryo has a reasonable price and great turnaround. Their web site is http://www.onecryo.com or you can reach them by phone at 1-800-300-2796 (1-800-300-CRYO) Their process of cryogenics is different than others. They reduce the temp to -300 degrees F over a 12 hour period. Then leave it there for 24 hours before returning it to room temp at the same 12 hour rate, Then it is heat treated by increasing the temp to +300 degrees for three one hour intervals. Their website tells how they are different. Prices for blades are: < 6" $10; 6" to 12" $15; 12" to 18" $20; 18" to 24" $25; > 24" call.
I had a blade on my Troy-bult chipper-vac cryoed and you should see how it cuts through hardwood (walnut).
-- Woody
Check out my Web Page at:
http://community-1.webtv.net/WoodworkerJoe/WoodworkerJoesInfo
Where you will find:
******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03
* * * Build a $20 DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03 * * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03 * * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03 * * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03 * * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03 * * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03 * * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03 * * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03
You may have to raise the bed rollers. Wilson