Delta Jointer Guard

I have an old 6" delta jointer that uses the pork chop style jointer guard. However, I don't have the jointer guard, so I would like to fabricate one but again I don't have one to start with. Does someone have some specifcs about this item that they could share? Like how it works? also if someone could share the dimensions of one that they have but best of all would be if someone could trace the outline and include dimensions. This way I could get one fabricated and have it be pretty close to accurate.

Thanks,

Fred

Reply to
fstephenson

Kapowie?

Reply to
Hedley

Has anyone gotten back to you on this? I can take a picture and email if you like. You might also keep an eye on Ebay. It might take a week or two but sooner or later I suspect one will show up. There's one on there now for an 8".

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Dip.

Reply to
CW

Thanks for your help Mike. I already have a picture, what I need is some dimensions ie. long, wide, thick and so forth. Is there any way you could help me out?

Thanks, Fred

Reply to
fstephenson

Why don't you just get a guard from Delta?

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

These are measurements for a guard from an old style Delta/Miwaukee Accuset 6" joiner.

This may be a little hard to describe but here goes....

Overall length 11" Width at the widest point 7 1/2" Width at the narrow end is 1 3/4" with the added square part (for the spring attach) adding another 3/4" to the width at that end. The length of the fat part of the guard where it hits the fence is

4 1/2" Overall thickness is 7/8" Length of the shaft is approx 3" and hangs down beyond the hole in the joiner by about 1/4"

If you need any other measurements let me know.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Thanks Mike that helps a lot, and I'll let you know if I need anything else.

Reply to
fstephenson