Delta 17-959L DP

Please forgive me if we hashed out some of this before.
Amazon has the Delta 17-959L drill press for $579 (which seems like a lot in view of some of the negative comments I have read about it at amazon). The specs look good: It seems to have a great table, 4.875 swing length I think. Steel City has a similar offereing in the same price range as does Grizzly. I don't mind the price as much as I would mind feeling I bought a piece of junk (sentiments I've seen expressed more than once unfortunately). I'm just fishing for opinions. Which one is the "finest piece of machinery"? Please feel free to suggest something else. The B&D conglomeration doesn't look good for the end user (especially if you consider their new Porter-Cable). If I'm not mistaken, Delta is the only one of these 3 that is part of that conglomerate.