Delta 14" X5 bandsaw is now 2HP?

I just powered up my new Delta 14" bandsaw. (Kind of a Christmas gift to myself. I got a great deal on an X5 model that I use to rationalize the purchase.)
Except for 2 small paint scratches, everything about the saw is great (co-planar wheels, flat table, etc.) I had two surprises, however. First, this saw has parts from everywhere! The bearings are from Romania, the motor is from Brazil, etc., etc. I was disappointed (but not surprised) that the motor was not a US Baldor motor, but on the plus side the motor is rated at 2HP (and 15 amps). The funny thing is that the outside plate on the door says it is only a 12 amp 1.5HP machine even though the motor plate says 15amps and 2HP. Is Delta testing out a heftier motor? Are they planning on marketing this aspect? Or is this motor such a POS that the efficiency rating is 25% worse than it should be, and hence 15amps actually generates only 1.5HP?
Lars
http://www.franklin-electric.com/aid/vol15no3.htm http://www.elec-toolbox.com/Formulas/Motor/mtrform.htm
Doesn't the thing have a 5 year warranty? Use the heck out of it and try to smoke the motor. If you fail to smoke the motor in 5 years then you can quit worrying. Heck a Baldor 1.5 hp is only $180. Do you wonder why they installed a $100 motor that should work fine?