Death by Nailgun!

woodworking for 30+ years and I'm not sure that I know how many nails it would take to assuradly kill the victim. Your workplace is clearly different from any I've been around if that knowledge is part of your woodworking background! ;-)
-- Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
I started out with nothing and after years of hard work have finally managed to double it!
wrote in message

more than enough to get the job done. In fact, it was probably a crime of passion and involved a lot of personal anger. Hence the numerous nails. That most of the nails were shot after the victim was deceased.
Also, if you were to actually kill somebody with a nail gun, wouldn't nails to the heart prove to be faster and more efficient in getting the job done? Not that I have any actual experiene in these matters, of course.
"Bored Borg" wrote

Not likely.
One of the basic tests done to differentiate suicide from homicide is to simply see if the weapon could be held by the victim in that position. With the nails entering the back of the head, you would need a very long arm with an extra joint or two to point the nailgun to the back of your own head.
I think homicide would be a logical conclusion here.
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 23:57:00 +0100, Lee Michaels wrote

surely a simple time-travel device would get round THAT little problem?
More seriously, on my electric brad nailer I _could_ reach the back of my head and trigger it with my thumb. I doubt I'd want to continue after the first one, however.
I was thinking mire that death wouldn't be instantaneous and the deadguy could have chucked the gun out of arms reach, or wandered a small distance before expiring.

That many nails isn't trying to kill someone, it's trying to hurt someone you're really pissed off at (probably slowly), or to send a message to his friends.
Turn in nail guns for a Mac Burger coupon or something... Crime is crime. Go get the crime guys and gals.
Martin
Andy Dingley wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 08:12:25 -0500, "Leon"

The funniest news report I've ever seen was a local "on-the-scene" interview where the interviewer asked one of those inane "how do you feel" questions. The answer should be printed in large type and used as wallpaper in every "newsroom" in the counter, "It's very annoying that you spend so much effort analyzing things you don't know shit about." Must have been a live, non-tape-delayed broadcast or they surely wouldn't have let that be broadcast.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

4 always come to mind,
1. The excited anchor exclaimed "The airplane skidded into a crash"! 2. The on the scene reporter wearing yellow rubber boots and standing in a 2 inch deep pot hole filled with water blurts out, Water is beginning to pond and it is becoming treacherous. 3. The "new" on the scene reporter desperate for words to fill the dead air exclaims. You can see how much it has rained during the night by the amount of water droplets that have accumulated on top of the cars! 4. On the NBC Today show. Matt Lauer was listening to an on the scene reporter that was sitting in a canoe near a swollen creek/river. As she was explaining the dangerous situation some one walked behind her in water that was some where between ankle and knee deep. Had the canoe sunk, most of it would still have been above water.
Brad Stewart wrote:

Guess you could say he was Nailed. Maybe he was nailing the guys wife. Looks like someone was trying to make a statement.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

<...snipped...>

Hit the nail on the head, I would say...

Brad Stewart wrote:

D'you suppose they've ruled out suicide?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Must of been oneof those automatic, military style nail guns.
I wonder what type of "accident" could have happened to cause that many nails to enter the skull. He was obviously doing something very unsafe.
Good thing OSHA didn't see this. Can you imagine the regulations they could impement as a result of this unfortunate "accident"?
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:52:21 -0400, Lee Michaels wrote:

A NailStop? ;-)
--
Froz...

Contractor vs. customer or customer vs. contractor...???
Mike O.
Studio chiefs successfully cast the part of Nailhead in forthcoming blockbuster Hellraiser - The Hong Kong Connection after an unknown actor turned up in full costume, gave a flawless, agonized performance and then totally disappeared leaving a baffled casting director and second unit hairdresser.
"He kept stopping for aspirin" said baffled director Eliza Frupleskein, 27.
Baffled 42 year old studio security head, James Earl Smith said late last night,"He rushed out of the studio lot without leaving a contact number. In full makeup and costume. I'm completely baffled."
Director of Photography Alfred Stopcock, the famous 52 year old maker of such classics as "Psychic" and "Dial P for Pizza" admitted to being completely baffled. "The chap had the part completely nailed. Then he just ran out, screaming. It's baffling."
"Alfred was going for drama" said Miss Frupelskein, 27. "To get the long dark shadows he had the pin spots almost completely baffled."
continued on page 35...
Crap!
Next thing we know we will have to register nail guns and sign government forms when we buy nails. Lowe's employees will have to go through FTA training and personality testing. (some should anyway).
RonB

And the nails will have micro stamped serial numbers tying them to your registered nail gun with incremental counters so they can keep track of each one...
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Oooh, that could be bad, some of them would get a zero on that personality thing for not having one.