Dealing with "them"

Page 1 of 2
My husband is busy making the our new kitchen cabinets -- quarter sawn cherry framework with stunning curly maple door panels and drawer fronts. It will be "to die" for! When I described the cabinets to my co-worker, he asked, "And then are you going to stain them to match?"
ARRRRGGGGGG!
Indyrose
On 20 Jul 2004 10:53:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Indyrose) wrote:

yep. there are just some people you can't talk to about woodworking...

Woodworking, cooking (Campbell's makes a good cheese soup too) , photography (wow, you got lucky on that snapshot), small batch bourbon (do you have ginger ale?) and on and on.
Some people are very happy going through life with nothing better than macaroni and cheese and polyester. You can't educate them all. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
To add: "But I like wine out of a box, that's been open a a month, unrefrigerated". (literally, I'm not exaggerating)
Renata

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

There's something better than macaroni and cheese?!?!?!?!?!?!?

--
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

Cut up some hot dogs and toss 'em in. Instant gore-may meal. Mmmmm! <g>
-- Mark
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:59:43 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

Heathen! Now if you'd said "Smoky Links"...
--------------------------------------------------- I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol. --------------------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Refreshing Graphic Design
Indyrose wrote:

You did, of course, tell your co-worker that you were going to paint your new kitchen cabinets with [insert trendy color more recent than "avocado" or "harvest gold"] latex. (-:
--
Morris Dovey
"Swinehood hath no remedy." -Sidney Lanier
Morris Dovey wrote:

Better idea: Get a Woodgraining Kit and you can make those puppies look just like pine.     mahalo,     jo4hn
i guess that we has met the enemy and "them" is us.     apologies to Pogo.
And how hard did you hit him???.............
Brian
Indyrose wrote:

Tell "them" that you intend to wallpaper the doors.

Darn, I didn't know you know my wife!
--
-- Steve
www.ApacheTrail.com/ww/

Well, are you?
--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods
On 20 Jul 2004 10:53:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Indyrose) wrote:

Tastes vary...
I've seen and done beautiful woods with and without stain. Curly woods can look GREAT in some settings dyed.
You might be surprised what goes on every day in architectural woodworking. Some of the most beautiful stuff you've ever seen has probably had some sort of chemical color alteration.
It's all about the look!
Barry

Heh. Its just like when I kept reef aquariums, which centers around the beauty and growth of the corals. The first thing EVERYONE would say when they walked up to the aquarium was "Why don't you have more fish in there?" *sigh* You just grin and bear it. It's not there to please "them".
Brian.

Might be better to look on these occasions as an opportunity for some old fashioned prosletysing. You never know, you could win a convert.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Indyrose) wrote in message

One of my grandfathers rented a newly-built place to some people who proceeded to cover all the varnished interior wood with white paint. He tried to sue them over this but lost, and I suspect that the judge wore a plaid robe.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Indyrose) wrote in message

One of my grandfathers rented a newly-built place to some people who proceeded to cover all the varnished interior wood with white paint. He tried to sue them over this but lost, and I suspect that the judge wore a plaid robe.
Johnny Hageyama wrote:

The trouble is that there's "what's right" and there's "the law", and the two don't often bear a whole lot of resemblance these days.
--
--John
St. Soozan once had a co-worker who insisted some furniture she'd just purchased was cherry oak (or was it cherryoak).