DC-1100A Dust Collector

Hi,
Has anybody rewired this particular JET dust collector to 220 Volts? I followed the directions in the manual, and when it was turned on, it made a humming sound, not the wonderful sucking sound that it made on 110, but something that does not sound right at all. Just previously i rewired my grizzly bandsaw to 220 with the aid of a less helpful diagram, and no problems. So I am at a loss as to why the dust collector not be a working. To those who have rewired this type of appliance to 220, is there something else that needs to be altered besides what is presented in the manual?
thanks The Rewirer
PS a search on rec.woodworking did notyield the specific information

Don't know about this tool, but some tools (the Delta A400 DC, or Grizzly 6" jointers) have 120v only switches. I don't know exactly how that would affect the motor, but I wouldn't want to try it.