Dangnabit and triple darn

Finally making a decision on the ROS I want (Bosch) , I go to Lowes and get it for $80.00. Need a new jig saw and decide the Bosch 1587 for $140 bucks was adequate and I would get this later. Go by the orange Borg at lunch today and there are three guys stacking boxes of the jigsaw I want to buy combined with the ROS I JUST BOUGHT. Both together for $140.00. Shit! Mike in Arkansas

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas

I feel your pain.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Why don't you buy the set and return the other ROS? Or sell the other ROS on ebay. Or give the other ROS to one of the kids. Or have two ROS'; 100 grit on one, 220 on the other--much like multiple routers.

There's no such thing as too many tools.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Mike

Borg is real good about returns, how about returning the items you purchased for a refund, then buy the combo

John

Reply to
John

Lowe's has a convenient return policy unless you've already made sawdust.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Take the receipt and the tools back and tell them about the sale price. They almost always refund your money. max

Reply to
max

Yabbut, he bought 'em at Lowe's, and saw 'em on sale at the Orange Borg which I assume means Home Despot in his part of the country.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

"max"

Yes. Worst case is to purchase the tools that are on sale, then return them, new, with receipt, to the other store. There is usually no way for them to tell which store a particular tool came from. The UPC's are universal. Further, you are not sticking anyone with a used tool.

- Nate

Reply to
Nate

He's having trouble thinking "outside the box". Definitely get the set & have 2 sanders like LROD suggests!

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Nothing wrong with having two sanders. I bought a DeWalt CMS and it came with a free ROS. I already had one but was not going to turn down another. One has the course grit, the other a fine grit. Good luck with the new saw. I need one of those some day also to replace my old B & D. Hmm, can I use another sander? Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

They guarantee to match any price, period! They will do it. max

Reply to
max

Yeah, but it's technically a different product, if I understand the OP - he bought them seperately, but HD is selling them bundled. Different SKU, different product, different price.

-BAT

Reply to
Brett A. Thomas

Just do it. You get the same two tools.

Reply to
max

Buy the set. If you don't want a second ROS, GIVE one to me. I'll put you on my Christmas card list. :-) Happy Holidays! Joe

Mike > Finally making a decision on the ROS I want (Bosch) , I go to Lowes

Reply to
Joe_Stein

I don't see the problem, to me it looks like your still a sander short, one sander for 150 grit, one for 220 grit and all you need now is one for 400 grit, but I would suggest a 1/4 sheet sander for that, 400 grit ROS sheets are hard to find

Reply to
Richard Clements

?itemnumber=H4060

Reply to