Dangnabit and triple darn

Finally making a decision on the ROS I want (Bosch) , I go to Lowes and get it for $80.00. Need a new jig saw and decide the Bosch 1587 for $140 bucks was adequate and I would get this later. Go by the orange Borg at lunch today and there are three guys stacking boxes of the jigsaw I want to buy combined with the ROS I JUST BOUGHT. Both together for $140.00. Shit! Mike in Arkansas
Mike in Arkansas wrote:

I feel your pain.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
On 29 Nov 2004 11:36:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mike in Arkansas) wrote:

Why don't you buy the set and return the other ROS? Or sell the other ROS on ebay. Or give the other ROS to one of the kids. Or have two ROS'; 100 grit on one, 220 on the other--much like multiple routers.
There's no such thing as too many tools.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
(Mike in Arkansas)

He's having trouble thinking "outside the box". Definitely get the set & have 2 sanders like LROD suggests!
--
Nahmie
Mike
On 29 Nov 2004 11:36:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mike in Arkansas) wrote:

Lowe's has a convenient return policy unless you've already made sawdust.
Bob
Take the receipt and the tools back and tell them about the sale price. They almost always refund your money. max

Yabbut, he bought 'em at Lowe's, and saw 'em on sale at the Orange Borg which I assume means Home Despot in his part of the country.
Dave Hinz
They guarantee to match any price, period! They will do it. max

max wrote:

Yeah, but it's technically a different product, if I understand the OP - he bought them seperately, but HD is selling them bundled. Different SKU, different product, different price.
-BAT
Just do it. You get the same two tools.

"max"

Yes. Worst case is to purchase the tools that are on sale, then return them, new, with receipt, to the other store. There is usually no way for them to tell which store a particular tool came from. The UPC's are universal. Further, you are not sticking anyone with a used tool.
- Nate

Nothing wrong with having two sanders. I bought a DeWalt CMS and it came with a free ROS. I already had one but was not going to turn down another. One has the course grit, the other a fine grit. Good luck with the new saw. I need one of those some day also to replace my old B & D. Hmm, can I use another sander? Ed
Buy the set. If you don't want a second ROS, GIVE one to me. I'll put you on my Christmas card list. :-) Happy Holidays! Joe
Mike in Arkansas wrote:

Joe_Stein wrote:

I don't see the problem, to me it looks like your still a sander short, one sander for 150 grit, one for 220 grit and all you need now is one for 400 grit, but I would suggest a 1/4 sheet sander for that, 400 grit ROS sheets are hard to find
<snip>

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=H4070
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=H4060
--