Dado questions

I have a Delta 715 and have purchased my first dado set. The arbor does not accommodate the full stack with the standard left and right side blade stabalizers. Are there alternative stablizers available? Can I make full depth passes -- say up to 1 inch or do I need to make multiple passes at lesser thicknesses? Finally, the acrylic insert I purchased does not accommodate the lock-down screw. My instinct says to move the leveling screw and drill a hole for the lock-down screw. Right?
Thanks in advance.

Just use the nut on the outside, no stabilizer.

I'd take three passes at that depth. Remember, you are taking a lot of wood out at one time so feed slow, don't force it. You are cutting maybe 6 times what a normal blade would do on a pass.

Should work but I'm not familiar with your particular saw. I made a bunch of inserts from 1/2" MDF. Works out to 50 each.
The full stack will act like a blade stabilizer anyway, so there is no real need to a blade stabilizer on either side.
What do you mean by a "full-depth" pass? Several inches deep? Or a more typical 1/2" - 3/4"? Depending on saw and material you can probably take up a typical dado in one pass.
I've used inserts that don't have a lock-down screw, just a pin at one end.
-Jack http://zo-d.com/stuff