Cutting wood with water

Hello, has anyone seen/heard of wood being cut with a high speed water jet? This technique might allow some very interesting cuts with good precision.
lots of people do this.
http://www.hydrocutwaterjet.com/photo.htm has a picture of one
Phone: +49 228 73 2447 FAX ... 7869

We used to have one where I work which cut steel, even hardened Rc 62 tool steel. It cost around $250,000 new, with all the toys. I'm sure the woodworking versions are smaller and less expensive. Accuracy fluctuates with the material type and thickness. We could hold .005"
Juergen Hannappel wrote:

Wood cuts quite nicely with a waterjet, but the machines are typically too expensive to justify purchasing only for cutting wood. However, if you do a mix of wood and other materials (plastic, metal, stone, or whatever), then using it for wood work can be justified. For some pictures see:
http://www.omax.com/wood.html
Typically, the wood would be cut with an abrasive, but if the wood is exceptionally soft or thin, then it may be cut with water-only, to save some costs.
New Machines cost from $80,000 to $250,000. The price is a function of table size, accuracy, pumping power, and accessories.
For more info on waterjet cutting in general, visit http://www.waterjets.org , (my web site)
- Carl http://www.waterjets.org