Cutting plexiglass

Page 2 of 2

WTF are you talking about?

He's asking how you sharpen a blade that is made from plywood.

Owen Lawrence (in be592$44f1f63e$cef892a7$ snipped-for-privacy@TEKSAVVY.COM) said:
|| To read this thread, you'd think this was brain surgery or || something. Put a || plywood blade on the tablesaw and cut it. | | How the heck do you sharpen plywood?
With a plywood file?

Sharpening plywood is no problem, it a bitch however to set the teeth.

Or use the back of a utility knife that just about everyone already owns.

If you're not in a hurry, you should be able to cut it with any saw that's got teeth close enough together to have more than one tooth on the thickness of the material. Tipping the saw closer to horizontal like a back-saw will help if your saw is marginal.
Failing that, sandwiching the plastic between boards when you snap it should help keep the break from wandering off the score-line.

Yes, and if having a problem, score BOTH sides then break it over a long straight edge like a 2X4 on edge
OK, we've had lots of good conversation about cutting Plexiglas.
How about some advice on drilling and countersinking?
Larry

Thanks for all the MANY helpful responses. At the suggestion of one user, I ended up taking the easy way out. Instead of going back to Home Depot, I went to Lowes where they not only sell but also cut plexiglass. They had a nice panel-cutter type machine but even so the guy ended up breaking a sheet before taking the time to score it enough to make clean cuts. The good thing is that this time the breakage was on him. And also, he didn't even charge me for the 4 cuts required!!!
blueman wrote:

Good solution. I'd be reluctant to score such long skinny pieces myself. So I use a circular saw, with a 140-150 tooth blade (7-1/4") designed for cutting plastic.
Mark
blueman wrote:

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/library/Catalogue_Pages/PAGE_015.PDF
--