Cutting melamine

Wreckers,
I need some advice. I've got an order for some "tech blocks" these are simple blocks of melamine covered particle board about 5" by 8" with a 1/8" slot running down the length in the middle. We use em for working on slot cars. I've run a bunch thru my table saw in the past with ok results, I'd really like to get rid of the chipping problems. I've thought about using some masking tape over each cut line and a zero clearance insert. I'm also open to the idea of buying a better blade. Can anyone recommend a specific blade that will minimise the chipping? I've seen a couple advertised but have no personal knowledge of the quality of the cut. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.
Thanks.
John Emmons
Freud makes a "triple chip" blade that I've had good results with.It's a bit pricey,there may be others that are better.I got mine at a WWing show at a half price bin.I paid $55.00.

1/8"
I've
Freud's Melamine and Plastic Blade is about $60 at Lowes.
John PInkham

slot
I'd
using