Cutting Coves on a SCMS

I'm planning on making a jewelry box for SWMBO. The one I want to do has coved sides that the plans show being done on a table saw. I've done this before on a table saw but I was wondering if anyone has used a SCMS to cut coves? I'm in the military overseas and don't have a table saw. I do have a Makita LS1013 SCSM and it hit me that I may be able to cut the coves on it. Any thoughts???
I know you can set the depth of cut on that saw. But, how do you plan on keeping the cutting head down on the stop, and pull the trigger, and feed the stock. Plus you will have the saw swung over 60 degrees as you don't want to plow a cove at 90 leaving little room on one side for in/out feed. Sounds like a pretty dangerous adventure.
EJ

There are two approaches, depending on whether he's Officer, or enlisted.
1) "Sargent. Turn that board into cove moulding."
2) involves three privates.

Tony Weikert wrote:

a radial arm saw? If so, I don't see any reason why you couldn't cut coves with it. If not, no way.

Yeah, good luck!
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Try a larger round (hand plane) - say 13 through to a 15 (on Ohio tools scale).
--
Cheers,
Howard