Cutting Board material

Page 3 of 4

Every time I read that part I feel a brain cell die. The saturated fat is between his ears.

Already being done. http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/10/ff_futureofbreasts/all/1
✖

I don't read his stuff anymore. I only see his stuff when somebody actually bothers to quote it...…… I gave up on him.

Add pictures here
✖
I never see yours either.
I don't read his stuff anymore. I only see his stuff when somebody actually bothers to quote it...…… I gave up on him.
Add pictures here
✖
Isn't mineral oil the one to use ?
Martin
On 10/26/2010 2:39 PM, dadiOH wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Is mineral oil OK for human consumption? I was never sure what it was, exactly.
Shortening, for people that bake, will fill the holes and stay put and never go rancid without refrigeration. Any vegetable oils require refrigeration and expire for human consumption once exxposed to air. Animal fats go rancid in similar situations.
I tried a lof of different oils on mine and the Crisco actually stayed in the board. My D-I-L used to wear the board lube out with one chopping session (tabuli making). Not any more with the shortening for the last ten years.

"Josepi" wrote in message
Is mineral oil OK for human consumption? I was never sure what it was, exactly.
Yes, it is used in some pharmaceuticals and in large quantities, works as a laxative. I tis by far the first choice for cutting boards.
Add pictures here
✖
Josepi wrote:

Uhhh...Crisco is made from vegetable oils. Cottonseed and soybean, specifically.

--

dadiOH
____________________________
Uhhh...Crisco is made from vegetable oils. Cottonseed and soybean, specifically.
Josepi wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Do you get your stupid by pill or injection? I realize that you'd prefer to remain clueless, as you're so good at it and you have a lot of time invested, but on the odd chance...DAGS "mineral oil cutting board".
✖
Do you always end a conversation with an attention troll?
Drink some petroleum products and tell us how that goes. Tell us how much petroleum product you consume each year and how it how it give you diarhea because it is good for you.

✖

If you mean pharmaceutical grade mineral oil it goes fine.

The same way that 100 percent organic prunes give you diarrhea. So I guess they aren't good for you either.

Add pictures here
✖
Sorry, prunes do **NOT** give you diarhea unless you have an intorleance or allergy to them. They soften your stool like a good upholsterer only with fiber intake.
Where do people get the idea that dietary fibre give your diarhea?
says...

Add pictures here
✖

Eat a hundred of them and get back to us.

Add pictures here
✖

I realize you are the resident expert on diarrhea (of the keyboard kind), but do you get diarrhea every time you eat out? Nearly every restaurant you have ever been in oils their cutting boards with mineral oil. It's the industry standard.
You are really clueless. You have a streak going - keep it up. Here's another tidbit for you to ignore - from Wiki: "Any given ChapStick may contain camphor, beeswax, menthol, petrolatum, phenol, vitamin E, and aloe."
✖
On 10/28/10 4:53 PM, Josepi wrote:

So that would would be a NO on the googling, huh?
--

-MIKE-

✖
snipped-for-privacy@mikedrumsDOT.com says...

Josepi would be much happier if he applied some mineral oil to the broomstick before he inserted it.
Add pictures here
✖

Ive never used it, but I think bees wax could work well maybe melted into some mineral oil and applied hot if you insist on complicating things. I am around Ipe a lot. I would never use it for a cutting board. The stuff stinks, it stains, it dulls tools. All the qualities that make it great for outdoor and a few other projects make it a terrible choice for a cutting board, at least one that will actually be used. This has all been figured out years ago, why not keep it simple. A relatively flavorless tight grained wood, oiled as needed with an oil that won't turn ranced (mineral). sheesh
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 29, 9:03 am, " snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com"

That's what the Boos butcher block "miracle cream" is - beeswax and mineral oil. The bees do the miracle, and Boos sells it.
✖

Boos makes fantastic stuff. I promoted their products many years ago. Then a Canadian distributor got his greedy ass in the middle of the product flow and walked off with all the fun(profit) *I* was having and priced themselves right out of the running in most quotes. I now use a guy who is 98% there in terms of quality, way better pricing, but not as much selection...but he won't finish his product. With all the peanut-product scares, he doesn't want to deal with liability issues where he could be blamed should something go awry.
I use whale oil boiled with seal blubber and tinted with oak rust.
Add pictures here
✖
On 10/29/2010 8:41 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Baby, infant, immature seals, with BIG eyes, I hope ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010