Cutting Board material

That's what the Boos butcher block "miracle cream" is - beeswax and mineral oil. The bees do the miracle, and Boos sells it.

RicodJour

Dulls tools, eh? Nothing like dragging your $100.00 W=FCsthof across that stuff then. I know absolutely nothing about Ipe, but I won't be using that for a cutting board. Thanks for the input.

Reply to
Robatoy

Boos makes fantastic stuff. I promoted their products many years ago. Then a Canadian distributor got his greedy ass in the middle of the product flow and walked off with all the fun(profit) *I* was having and priced themselves right out of the running in most quotes. I now use a guy who is 98% there in terms of quality, way better pricing, but not as much selection...but he won't finish his product. With all the peanut-product scares, he doesn't want to deal with liability issues where he could be blamed should something go awry.

I use whale oil boiled with seal blubber and tinted with oak rust.

Reply to
Robatoy

Baby, infant, immature seals, with BIG eyes, I hope ...

Reply to
Swingman

"Robatoy" wrote

That sounds like a typical Canadian finish.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

That reminds me of the excellent bumper sticker which covers the hate of durnnear everything:

NUKE THE GAY BABY WHALES FOR JESUS

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Tangent... I was in woodcraft and a few guys were talking about Ipe. They got into a discussion about how to pronounce it. One guys said, "I pronounce it eye-pay," the other guy said, "I pronounce it eepay," the third said, "I hear it's just pronounced like pipe." I was walking by and said, "I pronounce it, Brazilian Walnut."

Reply to
-MIKE-

between sips....... (pheeew)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Be careful not to cross contaminate when you club them.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Two seals walk into a bar. Bartender says: "what can get for you?" One seal says: "anything but a Canadian Club."

Reply to
Robatoy

The sipping ads the secret ingredient, saliva, and is a precursor to the application process... spitting/spraying it all over the top of the cutting board.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Be careful with that because there is a very nice variety of walnut also grown in Brazil (I remember seeing a great rack of boards 18 inches wide and all heart backalong, right next to the cabinet-grade Ipe).

Reply to
J. Clarke