Custom post caps for victorian?

I'm in the middle of a cosmetic restoration on some of the woodwork in our (very shabby) Victorian. Wooden post caps were used on some of the interior stairway posts. Several are missing and need replacement. After an exhaustive search on the web I can't find a source for off-the-shelf post caps that match what's there. Does anyone know of a source for custom-made caps? Can anyone out there make up a set based on photos/dimensions?
many thanks,
Doug
(rec.woodworking)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:
[...]

Yes, but then the caps would be out here and probably of no use to you. Shipping might easily create huge extra cost, so a rough indication of where you need this stuff would be very helpful to provide usefull answers.

(the post) and 'finial' (the cap) If that doesn't work you just need either a turner or a carver. I would look in the Yellow Pages but maybe you don't have them where you live.
Tim W
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I've done these caps and they're not that difficult - really just a matter of trimming out a shaped solid wood top with moulding. My project was completely custom with multi-cut profiles and all stock from scratch (made from birch for painting). You should be able to find a local trim carpenter to do these for you.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

DAGS newel post cap