Custom made Furniture, made to order

Hello All,

I just wanted to offer my website address and services to anyone that wants custom made furniture, made as ordered .

Thanks, Duane K. Navarre snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Duane K. Navarre

Duane K advertises:

Yup. Pinpoint marketing. Selling custom-made furniture to people who custom-make furniture as a hobby or business.

Is that like the fish merchant who sells to luckless fishermen?

Charlie Self "Wars spring from unseen and generally insignificant causes, the first outbreak being often but an explosion of anger." Thucydides

Reply to
Charlie Self

Thanks, but that is what a lot of us do. May I make a suggestion? Move your web page to a real host for business. Nothing is more irritating that pop ups from Geocities from a commercial enterprise web page. Very amateurish. Ed.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I want 6 dining room chairs, 5 tables, three benches for outside with matching picnic tables but you have to buy all the teak from me :-)

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy

Jeremy how much teak do you have left ? Whats the going rate ? Would you be willing to help arrange shipping ?

BTW tried going direct, but your email addy bounced back -- my email should work

Cheers Eric

Reply to
Sam the Cat

Thank God you posted here. I need cabinetsto store all of my woodworking tools and accessories for making cabinets, shelves, furniture, etc.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Damn! Another Dork Meter broke from total overload.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Oh boy, this should be fun.

Got any good designs I can stea....ah, copy?

On a more serious note, some nice work there Duane.

Reply to
Mike G

My address is dcnet2000, not 2001. I will try your address tomorrow.

I have a couple of thousand BF left and will arrange shipping

JJ

Reply to
Jeremy

On 27 Apr 2004 16:22:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Duane K. Navarre) brought forth from the murky depths:

Call Sam Maloof, Duane. He's into pukey ducks and spice shelves.

whaddamaroon...

========================================================== CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks! ==========================================================

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
Mark L.

I'd like to offer a comment, if I may. While your stuff may be well built and nicely finished, it looks homemade and it's butt ugly. Seriously. Really, you need to work on your design skills.

Reply to
mp

I went down to Costa Rica, picked the trees, watched them being cut and sawn, loaded them on a container (brutal work) and shipped them up to Houston.

I am in Texas, but we are not in the wood business any more and I have

2,000 BF stickered that I need to get rid of, and will do it in 50-100 BF lots if necessary, mostly ground shipping UPS.

The wood is from 30 year old trees and varies wildly in colour, with white wood inclusions.

JJ

"Mark L." wrote:

Reply to
Jeremy

Before you knock someone elses stuff, lets see some of your work. Also, you have to remember that whats "butt ugly" to you may be beautiful to someone else. Everyone's tastes are different.

Reply to
KS

Ed:

Pop Ups? Google Toolbar = Pop Up blocker. Try it !!

Rich

Reply to
RKON

I agree that everyone's tastes are different, but many people don't have any taste. That's one reason why (butt ugly) black velvet Elvis paintings sell so well.

I work as a photographer and a design consultant. When I say something is butt ugly, it's not just a uninformed personal bias but my informed professional opinion.

Seriously though, it doesn't take long to realize there's a lot of knowledge and craftsmanship on this group. A lot of know how and expertise in how to put projects together. Much discussion on what type of tools to use and assembly techniques. Very little talk, however, of aesthetics and other design considerations, and yet these considerations are of far greater significance in the end product than the brand of glue, type of clamp, or make of sawblade.

Reply to
mp

Hey Duane, If you need some one to build that custom made furniture for you, let me know.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Mark L.

Since you seem to appreciate candor, I'll be as candid as you were. I have to question your artistic eye if you refer to this fellow's work as butt ugly. It's not the type of furnature I'd build to put in my home, but there is certainly nothing butt ugly about it at all. Your profession has nothing at all to do with being an informed professional opinion. An informed professional opinion would consider tastes outside of your own. Yours has every appearance of being a snobish, rather myopic opinion.

I don't think any discusssion on asthetics would be terribly fruitful - believe it or not there are people who think they understand what everyone else should appreciate better then the eye of the beholder.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I understand and agree with what your saying in principle. However, for many of us the glue,clamps,sawblades,and the work involved are priceless when compared to the end product. One exception to this is if end product is a gift or a customers piece, then making THEM happy is number one. Speaking of aesthetics, which finish gives walnut its best appearance? Oil finish, shellac, varnish, poly, or latex paint? Is it ok to stain walnut?

Reply to
KS