Crumbling particleboard repair

Hello all, The kitchen counter top in the house I'm renting is crumbling and dropping into the lower cabinets and drawers. It's not something that can be replaced right now so I was considering applying a thin coat of thin viscosity epoxy to help fortify the particle board. Any opinions? Thanks, Gene

How much surface area is crumbling? I'd use Minwax wood hardener.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

--
Froz...

On 12/11/2012 11:47 PM, GeneT wrote:

into the lower cabinets and drawers. It's not something that can be replaced right now so I was considering applying a thin coat of thin viscosity epoxy to help fortify the particle board. Any opinions?

Sounds like a land lord problem. Get him to come up with a solution.
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:47:25 PM UTC-8, GeneT wrote:

If you aren't talking structural integrity even paint would stop the crumble so painting on epoxy should be even better.

inquire, quietly, at your local housing authority to see if they think that it's a health issue or if it violates some other code.
If it does, and you explain it nicely to the landlord, it would be very tough for him not to take steps to resolve the issue.
I'm not suggesting a fight, I'm just suggesting that you see if you can get some leverage, up front. "I hate to bother you, but I did some research and ..."