cross grain / expansion question

how's it going folks? I am making a decorative piece which will consist of small aromatic cedar cutouts being glued to a poplar board. Some of the pieces might be positioned cross-grain. What concerns, if any, should I be aware of in doing such a project. (btw the cedar, and the poplar are both .5 in thick)
thanks for any feedback ds
ds wrote: >how's it going folks?

cutouts? Tom Work at your leisure!
Tom wrote:

the poplar is a 22 inch glue-up. the cedar pieces rang in size from 1 - 8 inches. ds

It's a percentage. Less dimension, less total. If you're interested in woodworking, learn about your material at http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/ with some of the prepaid literature.
Use PVA glue, it creeps.
George wrote:

ds