cross grain / expansion question

how's it going folks? I am making a decorative piece which will consist of small aromatic cedar cutouts being glued to a poplar board. Some of the pieces might be positioned cross-grain. What concerns, if any, should I be aware of in doing such a project. (btw ? the cedar, and the poplar are both .5 in thick)

thanks for any feedback ds

Reply to
D Shack

ds wrote: >how's it going folks?

You'll probably be fine, but how wide is the poplar, in relation to the cedar cutouts? Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

It's a percentage. Less dimension, less total. If you're interested in woodworking, learn about your material at

with some of the prepaid literature.

Use PVA glue, it creeps.

Reply to
George

Thanks for your response. the poplar is a 22 inch glue-up. the cedar pieces rang in size from 1 -

8 inches. ds
Reply to
D Shack

Thanks for the advise, and the link. It's already been very helpful. ds

Reply to
D Shack