Craftex 12.5" Planer?

Any opinions on the Craftex 12.5" Planer? I'm a little tired of the HD prices/selection on finished lumber, so I've been considering a Planer for a while. But at $600 I'd be a while recovering my cost for the number of projects I do. But Busy Bee currently has there 12.5" Planer on for $265 CDN. Holy Crap Batman! Is it worth the $'s or should I save my pennies for a Dewalt 734, currently $475 CDN. The opinions I've read on the Craftex 15" Planer seem good, but I haven't read much on the 12.5" model. Canadian Tire has the same thing for $369 including a stand BTW.
You can also look at the Delta TP305 at House Of Tools (www.houseoftools.ca) for $287.50. I THINK I've seen these down to $200 when they go on sale. I'd probably go with a name brand like that over a house brand like Craftex or Canwood. I wouldn't touch anything with the Mastercraft (CT house brand) with a 10' (3.05m) pole. Too many bad stories about them.
I think some of the things you're giving up on the cheap planers are things like the head locking, surfacing quality, perhaps some less measureable things like more difficult blade changes.
BTW, House Of Tools has the Dewalt DW734 for $399, just to complicate your decision. :)
Clint