Busy Bee CRAFTEX Planer / Molder

I'm looking at a CRAFTEX CT050 planner/molder and was wondering if anyone has one? Opinions? Does anyone know anything about the "Jet" model?

Reply to
HotRod

This is an unknow brand in the US. You are better off posting this on

or at
The forums on Canadian Woodworking are more active you will get a faster response from there.

Lars

HotRod wrote:

Reply to
Highspeed

Wrong. Plenty of Canadians here. I don't happen to have the answer the OP is looking for, but I'm interested in the answer since a planer is likely to be my next major purchase. I also bet I'm not the only one interested, too. That's how usernet works.

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

I was looking to buy a new planer recently... was using my Dad for info/support, he's been a woodworker all his life

We looked at this, and he was of the opinion, (and I eventually have learned he's developed his opinions based on experience), that I was better off buying 1 machine that does 1 job well.. not 1 machine that does multiple jobs just OK... and with respect, just how much molding do you need to make to get that kind of investment out of this tool?

Its just my opinion. Worth what you paid for it.

Reply to
MikeMac

I did not mean that he may not get response here, but like I said this is an unknown brand in the US. All I suggested is that he post this question on the afforementioned Canadian forums. There, he will get a response from people who are familiar with the brand. Again not the answer he is looking for but just my opinion.

Lars

Reply to
Highspeed

I have a ton of molding to do, basically a 2000 SQF house, including base boards. I want it all done in pine in the original victorian style.

Reply to
HotRod

I never heard of them. There are also some answers on the thread in the binary group. I have seens samples in Busy Bee and of course they looked good, but that is why they are samples. Sears did at one point have a similar unit. I am surprised nobody has gotten one.

Reply to
Eddie Munster

The Sears model from what I can see is identical. You could buy the Busy Bee model and get the parts from Sears as they would likely fit.

If you could get it from Sears I'd go with them as they have better warranty policies. I have purchased some products from Busy Bee and basically they didn't want to offer a warranty, they tried to say I abused the tool, which was not the case. So I would advise you to beware. I still buy from them but I always bear in mind the poor warranty policy.

I noticed the same thing with the Canadian Tire 12" thickness planer, it is the same as the older Delta 12" thickness planer.

Dan

Eddie Munster wrote:

Reply to
Dan Hergott

The only power tools from Sears I own have been gifts. Hand tools, okay. But I'll never buy a power tool from Sears. NOTHING fits but Sears parts!

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

Never realized that, growing upo in my Dads shop everthing was craftsman and now it's all going to Dewalt and Rigid. It's a toss up between Craftex and craftsman, I can't find much info on craftex and thought craftsmand might be a better shoice since I'd be able to get parts for it. Any other recommendations of Molders / Planers?

Reply to
HotRod

I have this very machine. I just keeps on working. I've machined all the lumber for rebuilding my house, 1000's of bdft of spruce, pine and oak. I also have used the moulder to machine all the trim in oak, pine and basswood. The only problem now is that busy bee has discontinued this model. I am extremely pleased with the machine. I am currently looking into using blades from other machines( KING and Jet)

Reply to
Scott