Correcting waves in tabletop?

Hi,
I had a local cabinet shop run my maple tabletop through its wide-belt sander. The result was a nice uniform thickness (good) but it also produced a very shallow waviness (bad). The waves, which crest about 2 inches apart, are *barely* detectable by feel and only visible at shallow angles with the right lighting; still it bugs me.
What would be a good method for removing this waviness?
I'm pretty new to woodworking and have not built up an arsenal planes but am always looking for an excuse to buy something from LeeValley. So if the solution is to plane it down which LV plane would be best suited for the job?
Thanks.
Brian
On 3 Feb 2007 14:32:37 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

What grit did they sand to?
Typically, a well tuned smooth plane or random orbit sander from 120 grit, up to 220 grit, will remove the waves.
It sounds like they actually had a drum sander, not a belt sander.

Put pencil marks on the high spots, and sand them away.
Repeat.