Corner molding into a tray ceiling

Gang -

I'm finishing the last part of an installation of a tray ceiling on a porch. The 19"-wide part between the walls and the ceiling slant in at

21 degrees from the horizontal. The ceiling has molding around it. The corners where slant-meets-slant-meets-ceiling-molding need molding to cover the imperfections of earlier carpentry. I am essentially trying to fit a board onto a corner of a cube at an oblique angle to all surfaces of the cube.

Setting aside the angles for now, I can't figure out how to make the cuts. I'm essentially trying to make the hollow of a point--and anything that makes a cut to match an angle mars a different face.

Is there a power tool solution? Is this the time for hand tools? And if so, which ones how used?

I tried gouging out the back of a test board with the table saw. To get the height I needed took too much wood in length from the underside of the board and it cracked on installation. My current thought is a router table.

Any thoughts from the collected wisdom? I already know that if I'd known it was going to be this hard I should have started differently ;-)

Thanks in advance. ...best, Capt N.

Reply to
Captain_Nemo

Instead of trying to miter the joints, can you butt them and use a coping saw to cut the mate. Hard to explain - Hope this is of some help.

Erik

broke. ---Kilroy

Reply to
Erik Ahrens