continous tile flooring

Page 2 of 2

basilisk wrote:

Dilbert's Ultimate House (DUH) is currently offline but you can find a picture here: http://insomnic.wordpress.com/2007/11/12/dilbert-ultimate-house /
As I recall, he had a pet room that was tiled. Again, from my porous memory, it had:
* Sloped floors to a central drain. * A shelf next to the windows that held kitties looking out as well as their needs (food, water, litter box). The cats could jump up to take care of business, but the dogs couldn't get to the cat's food. *. A hose bib and hose hanger on the wall. * Storage cabinets. * Double doors, one with a cat/dog door. Homeowner could close the second door preventing exit by the animal from the pet room. * Room also opened to the outside of the home.

It's called cove stick. Just glue or nail it into the floor/wall intersection. Art
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:59:40 -0700, Artemus wrote:

Thanks Art, that looks like what I need.

A lot of that kind of flooring is 'built in place'.
A _liquid_ vinyl that is poured, and then carried up the wall using a brush/roller.
The radiusing on any significant change of direction is not a requirement for the material being used. It _is_ a requirement for sanitation purposes, because it eliminates a 'corner' for stuff to collect in.
This is called a "flash cove" base on a sheetgoods floor. There are many references and illustrations, here is one: http://www.floorexpert.com/armstrong/fpoxpert.nsf/fa8b05540df3359785256eba00710744/09c3999f3dae340e85256da300582c6a?OpenDocument
--
DanG