Connecting sandpaper roll into belt

Hi can anyone tell me how to connect sandpaper that are sold in rolls into a belt for belt sander use? Whats the adhesive used? my orignal seem to be connected at the edges about 0.8cm at the ends diagonally.

Does anyone glue a fabric backing to have a stronger connection?

thanks

Reply to
wayne

Try:

on my web site. This is taken from a rather old booklet, but should still work because Scotch glue (Hide glue, Murricans) is regarded as a flexible glue in this situation.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Gorman

thanks for your reply, i am unable to get hide glue. i am hoping that rubber or pva white glue would work. any idea?

Reply to
wayne

I'm not an expert in this technology but I read some years ago that making a belt loop for a belt sander can only be done in the factory. The ends must be skieved and glued under great pressure. You could probably extend the useful life of your store bought belts by cleaning them with one of those belt cleaners. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER