Connecting sandpaper roll into belt

Hi can anyone tell me how to connect sandpaper that are sold in rolls into a belt for belt sander use? Whats the adhesive used? my orignal seem to be connected at the edges about 0.8cm at the ends diagonally.
Does anyone glue a fabric backing to have a stronger connection?
thanks

Try: http://www.amgron.clara.net/hintsntips/sandingbelts.htm on my web site. This is taken from a rather old booklet, but should still work because Scotch glue (Hide glue, Murricans) is regarded as a flexible glue in this situation.
Jeff
--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

I'm not an expert in this technology but I read some years ago that making a belt loop for a belt sander can only be done in the factory. The ends must be skieved and glued under great pressure. You could probably extend the useful life of your store bought belts by cleaning them with one of those belt cleaners. Joe G