Comments on King KC-2105C Dust Collector

Hi,
I have a small shop 25' x 15' and I'm looking for a dust collector. I have the usual machines, TS, drill press, jointer, router etc, and I will only be running one machine at a time.
I've looked around to see what is available locally and it looks like my best bet is the King KC-2105C dust collector. It is a 1HP dust collector, 600 cfm with a 1 micron top bag.
Any comments, reviews on the dust collector? Does it look like it will do the job?
Thanks
Alex
Add pictures here
✖

If you are using a planer look for a larger volume container or you may be emptying the bag several times on a small job.
Add pictures here
✖

Lots of threads on www.BT3Central.com www.Ridgidforum.com www.sawmillcreek.org or just about any WW forum. Lots of us (me) use the Harbor Freight unit. Takes care of my planer and jointer without any problems. Be prapared for the cost of plumbing the thing up. You will easily have the price of the DC unit itself in fittings and pipe.
Add pictures here
✖
I just purchased a 1hp, 600cfm unit from Princess Auto for $148.00. I was a bit hesitant, but returns are never a problem @ Princess Auto, so I went for it. It's small, which is perfect for my small shop, but it seems too work just fine. I did a quick comparison to the Canwood 600cfm machine & the air volume seemed to be about equal.
Hopefully this link works.http://www.princessauto.com/_osn.cfm ?
CTRYÊN&output=OSN&Factor=2

Add pictures here
✖
I didn't think about Princess Auto.
Can you tell me if it comes with a 1 micron bag? Any other tech info on it?
Thanks
Alex
BiffNightly wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Yes it does have a 1 micron bag. In fact it came with two 1 microm bags instead of the 6mil plastic collection bag that was stated in the add & on the box. The collection bag is fairly small (15gal.), but I'm just a weekend woodworker anyway, so that wasn't too big of a deal for me. I'm not sure what else I can tell you other than the 5 foot collection hose that comes with it is just about as crappy as the assembly directions they provide. The directions appear to be horribly translated from some foreign language. (typical for most "Powerfist" brand tools). I see the link I provided didn't work, but if you google to Princess Auto's home page & search "dust collect" it brings up the details of the unit.
Good luck, Doug

Add pictures here
✖
Well, Prince Auto is sold out. I have a rain check for the collector.
For the price I'll give it a try.
Thanks.
BiffNightly wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Could someone post the Princess Auto part/item number for this dust collector ... I've search Princess Auto's website and cannot find any signs of a dust collector ... has it been discontinued?
Thanks!
Add pictures here
✖