Cold weather- Drying oil paint, exterior

My next door neighbor put down oil paint on his porch floor. It was below 50 degrees and still is. The paint won't dry. Any ideas? I thought, maybe a salamander(Large construction heater)

Reply to
Robert W. Schaff

Enclosing the porch in visqueen or tyvek, and bringing in a heater of some sort, might do the trick.

It's always better to prevent problems, than to be faced with trying to fix them. Prevention in this case means not painting when it's cold outside.

Some years ago, a house that I passed daily on the way to work was painted in late November or early December. The work took several days, and the high temperature a couple of those days was in the low 40s. It looked horrible when it was finished, blotchy all over. He had to do it all over in the spring.

Doug Miller

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:59 GMT, "Robert W. Schaff" calmly ranted:

Right, tarp it in and use heaters, but not propane. They put out way too much condensate moisture. An electric heater with a blower to circulate the air should work great.

Reply to
Larry Jaques