CNC Project: Making a routed sign

I just made my first routed sign using a ShopBot. I took a few photos during the course of the project and have posted them at the link below.

Morris Dovey

the ShopBot in the future. Can you share your proces for deciding that a ShopBot was needed/wanted in your shop?

Reply to
Frank Drackman

| Thanks for posting. It will be interesting to see what you are | doing with the ShopBot in the future. Can you share your proces | for deciding that a ShopBot was needed/wanted in your shop?

Frank...

In a nutshell, I had a wild urge to mass-produce solar heating panels and high-end woodworking benches - and decided that the 'Bot offered a number of advantages:

[1] CAD/CAM/CNC allow extremely rapid prototyping. [2] I could achieve consistantly higher quality than with other methods. [3] Labor costs are minimized. [4] I could capitalize on math/software/control system experience. [5] CNC production capacity is wonderfully scalable.

Morris Dovey