CNC Joinery Machine

For anyone who's been following this project, I've just posted the last of the construction photos to the page at the link below. Future photos will appear in a more commercial context...

While building this monster, I worked up software to do dovetail, M&T, and box joints - so now I'll be able to get on to some more interesting joints (and perhaps I'll have time to build a more attractive stand!)

It has been an interesting project, to say the least. Each of the chassis parts was made at least three times - and each time I learned something new (sometimes /several/ somethings).

Morris Dovey

Looks totally functional. Wow!

*turning green here*

Reply to
Robatoy

Just had a brilliant thought:

You *need* somebody to put that machine through its paces. ...lemme see...and test it in an international climate......like CANADA!! YES!.. I've got it...

ME! I know you'll most likely won't want to bother me with this..but.. for you.. I'll do it.

*G* r
Reply to
Robatoy

| Just had a brilliant thought: | | You *need* somebody to put that machine through its paces. ...lemme | see...and test it in an international climate......like CANADA!! | YES!.. I've got it... | | ME! | I know you'll most likely won't want to bother me with this..but.. | for you.. I'll do it. | | *G*

Yeah sure...

Talk to me again later when you don't have quite so much on your plate. This CNC woodworking stuff has an addictive quality - and I will not have any part of distracting you from the far more important stuff going on right now in your life.

Morris Dovey
[schnipfered for brevity...]

Sis is back in Kansas City KS and in great care. My nephew and nieces are all over the scene and her doctor is a no-nonsense kinda guy... just what she needs/likes.

Which brings me to:

I need to get myself caught up with back-orders and some rest.... so I'll have to be patient. On my way to see my sister, I could make a slight detour via DeSoto and maybe get a real live demo. That would be September-ish. My trip to the Carolinas has been cancelled.

Stuff can happen very quickly around here...so who knows.

I see a lot of potential for somebody who wants to make drawers and other parts for the area cabinet makers...your device can make somebody a living. I think about it often.

Robatoy

| In article , | "Morris Dovey" wrote: | | [schnipfered for brevity...] || || Yeah sure... || || Talk to me again later when you don't have quite so much on your || plate. This CNC woodworking stuff has an addictive quality - and I || will not have any part of distracting you from the far more || important stuff going on right now in your life. | | Sis is back in Kansas City KS and in great care. My nephew and | nieces are all over the scene and her doctor is a no-nonsense kinda | guy... just what she needs/likes.

That sounds good - and sounds like the best things you ccould do would be to stay in close touch with her and take good care of yourself.

| Which brings me to: | | I need to get myself caught up with back-orders and some rest.... so | I'll have to be patient. On my way to see my sister, I could make a | slight detour via DeSoto and maybe get a real live demo. That would | be September-ish. My trip to the Carolinas has been cancelled.

Good plan. Rest and a bit of patience will help to keep _you_ whole and healthy (and better able to cope with whatever comes your way.)

Not much of a detour, I think. The shop is only a good kick-back away from I-80 (E-W) and just 15 miles from I-35 (N-S). BTW, if you have an idea a-cookin' about then, bring a DXF and we'll feed it to one 'bot or the other just for fun. I'll have some demos ready; but don't be bashful about letting me know of anything you'd particularly like to see.

| Stuff can happen very quickly around here...so who knows.

Visitors have aways been welcome at the shop; and there's always fresh coffee either in the pot or brewing. My earlier invitation still stands for whenever you can stop in.

| I see a lot of potential for somebody who wants to make drawers and | other parts for the area cabinet makers...your device can make | somebody a living. | I think about it often.

There /is/ a lot of potential - especially as transportation costs rise and petroleum-based products become more costly. If we don't have a _major_ breakthrough in energy production, I think we'll see a resurgence in small local production facilities and an increasing demand for products that can be fabricated from renewable local resources. In the context of the wreck, I see that as shops like ours - and CNC and wood. Already I'm seeing movement toward downloadable "open source" woodworking CNC part programs and DXF files on the Internet...

...and not just for drawers and cabinet parts.

Morris Dovey