Circular Saw with Laser Line or Not?

| process drive by disallowed. | | you gotta tell us what it is....

Not if you disallow the drive-by :-D

Morris Dovey

Look it up dipshit. The amp rating is full load and the true value has to be accurate by law. This is to ensure that those who now can match a circuit to the load. Horsepower ratings are not covered.

Reply to
CW

The rated current is the amount of current that the saw is drawing when the temperature rise, as a result of the amount of work that the motor is developing, is 60 degrees C (that is the value for intermitent use such as a saw). Furthermore, this is the average power. The power from a single phase induction motor varies between 0 and twice average at the line frequency. Jim

Reply to
Jim

it's disallowed unless you explain it a bit better. sorry if I was unclear...

Reply to
bridger

| On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:24:43 -0500, "Morris Dovey" | wrote: | || snipped-for-privacy@all.costs (in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com) || said: || ||| process drive by disallowed. ||| ||| you gotta tell us what it is.... || || Not if you disallow the drive-by :-D | | it's disallowed unless you explain it a bit better. sorry if I was | unclear...

It's a gift. I guess I'll have to forgo the drive-by until the end of the year - but if I remember I'll post pictures then.

I have a fondness for making things so that you can only tell where the joints are by finding discontinuities in the grain - and the only way I seem able to make things come out that way is by working to what seem (even to me!) like unreasonable tolerances.

But even in my normal (work) day-to-day woodworking, cut tolerances of

+/- 0.001 aren't uncommon. It's been at least 15 years since I used a circular saw without a carefully positioned and clamped guide. I do have a couple of lasers in my shop; but all of them produce "fat" lines and I'd guess that if the line were only 0.001" wide, I'd have trouble seeing it...

Morris Dovey

I bough a cheaper Skil Saw with a laser. I don't use one a lot so it seemed a reasonable purchase for myself. I like the laser. I find it very easy to make sure I am cutting strait as long as the laser shines on the line I am cutting on. I'm sure someone with more skill would not need one, but for as for myself, I am very pleased with it. Just something to consider for your gift.

-Eric

Reply to
Eric