Check out my chest! :^]

Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry panels. My own design. Let me know what you think.

GarageWoodworks

Nice work.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Really nice design and a great looking build.

What finish?

How did you do the > Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). =A0Solid cherry

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

the aroma to come alive. The inlay was done using a router fence attachment and two shims of equal width. Add both shims rout, remove a shim etc.

Thank you!

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

However, the chest looks great. Really like the inlay. Nice design.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Reply to
Robatoy

subtle play on words! :^)

thank you.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Thank you!

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

It looks good. I really like the design and little details you added to it.

This is the sort of thing that I do not dare show my wife!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Nice job! Do you call that Arts & Crafts, with a Japanese persuasion style?

Reply to
Leon

Me too. Nice and clean and looks flawlessly executed. The inlay is a wonderful touch. I'd be very proud of something like that. I assume you are.

When you were designing, did you have thoughts of lining the three sides with cedar as well?

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
Bill

it will just keep getting better with time.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

No. Interesting idea though.

Thank you.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Thanks. I thought it had a bit of a Japanese feel too. A little mix of A&C, G&G and Japan? :^|

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

On 8/9/2009 7:26 PM GarageWoodworks spake thus:

panels are several pieces glued up. Would have been nice to have single pieces of wood there (but maybe hard to find anything that wide).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Let's see that! I'm an ass man. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

(ducking and hiding under the bench)

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

On 8/10/2009 5:07 PM Paul Franklin spake thus:

I think it'll look really nice once it starts to amber up in the years to come.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl