Changing the belt on a Jet Supersaw

I've read more than one post that changing the belt on a Jet Supersaw is extremely difficult. Well, I happened to be cleaning my saw and inspecting the belt just to see what kind of shape its in. I did not intend to remove the belt and did not read any instructions on how to. Out of curiousity, I tilted the blade to 45 degrees and lowered it all the way. This gave super easy access to see and inspect the belt. The motor is mounted with a spring that keeps tension on the belt. On a lark, I just reach over and pulled the motor. I was able to lift it a couple of inches (not too difficult) and removed the belt. This operation took about 20 seconds and was about as easy as it gets. The PolyV belt does apparently does not require a lot of tension to work. The belt was in excellent condition (6 months use). I cleaned it and put it back without using any tools. The saw has been running fine ever since.
Now if you choose to change the belt without tilting and lowering the blade, you'll be standing on your head and cursing for quite a while.
Bob

Bob - it wasn't the Poly V-Belt on my saw that broke. And I believe all of the complaints about the difficulty are related to the *Timing Belt*. (At least that's what I see on Amazon).
The Timing Belt raises and lowers the blade. The replacement procedure is outlined in the manual right after the Poly V-Belt.
It was a b*tch to replace and not sure why Jet picked a belt instead of a gear mechanism.
OHHHH!!! Lightbulbs go on. I was all wet. Now I understand. So that's the belt that Jet said was mounted too tightly on early models? Otherwise it seems like it certainly would not be subject to wear, since its not much of a moving part.
Bob

:) Yepper's... Got my saw in Oct 2002 and the belt lasted about 10 months, IIRC