Chair Restoration

Hi Group, Got a couple of questions about restoring a chair. My wife purchased this chair at a storage unit sale and it's missing the the wooden back. We do have the matching cushion for the back She wants to build a new wooden back frame for the cushion. We're looking for some pictures of a similar chair/back and a source for hardware.I'd like to include the links to some pictures of the chair but I don't know how to get the links to Photobucket into the posting. The servr I'm usingmay not allow it. Thanks, Jim

James

Well it looks like I got it to work. Jim

Reply to
James

sing may not allow it. Thanks, Jim

You can't post pics directly into a post. You can only post a link to a photo site, as yu did.

Show us a pic of the whole chair, front view and side view. Also, remove the seat cushion and show us a front, side and back view of the chair. I, for one, can't determine what all is going on, with the chair design, as per your previous 2 pics.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I'll try and get some more taken tomorrow.

Reply to
James

Without analysing more (pics) of your chair, I suspect the armrests may have been cut off at the back, possibly after one broke. The backrest needs something for support.... I suspect, more so, than what your chair is showing.

Your chair may have had longer armrests, for supporting the backrest, as this chair:

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Or better yet, take a look at this Morris adjustable chair:

Google images for "Morris adjustable chair" and see if you can find one like yours.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

This is similar to what I was going to suggest. However I was think a little broader. Find a book on building furniture and see if you can find the instructions for a similar chair.

Reply to
knuttle

Here's one. Check out the pics for details.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I posted some more pictures. It does look like a Morris chair. There seems to be a spot where there were some hinges attached at the bottom.

The last ebay link has some good pictures that will really help.

Reply to
James

Here's a link/pic of a Morris chair hinge.... page down almost half way. There may be more than one type of hinge.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Morris Chair Hardware -