Carob Tree wood?

Is the wood from a Carob tree a 'wanted' wood? Is it a good wood to use for turning? What about slabbing and using it for boxes or anything else? Other than woodworking, how about in a smoker? Last chance, will be next winter's fireplace.
Thanks in advance,
--

FMB
(only one B in FMB)

Hard to locate any wood info. In fact, impossible with most of my reference materials packed.
Ceratonia siliqua, AKA St. John's Bread tree. Gets maybe 35' tall. I've never seen any info on grain, characteristics, etc. What I have seen has an irregular deep orange red heartwood, near white sapwood, but that's an end on (top of stump) view.
If you have a couple pieces, try cutting it, turning it, etc.
It's certainly different and might be fun.
Given that its pods are edible, allergies are unlikely, but just in case...mask or respirator and long sleeves on the shirt, to be washed alone.
Charlie Self "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce
Carob is awesome for turning and would be great for boxes.
AZCRAIG
www.azcraig.us

for

The food of John the Baptist, Locust is another name for the beans from the pods, boiled-up with honey. YUM!
Alex

Now I want to cut a piece on the table saw to see if it smells like chocolate! The best-smelling wood I ever cut was Imbuia, but I wouldn't want to eat it.