Can you identify this chair

Hi guys and dolls Can you identify this chair? I know that it is pre- 1948. That is it.
Ed
That was great - here is where you can find the pic of the chair.
http://users.accesscomm.ca/perreauxgenealogy/Chair.html
Ed

<Public Service Snip>

Oh my Lord...
My eyes! My eyes!
It was somewhere outside Barstow when "patrick conroy"

Now you know how the Fugly Brothers went blind !

That is a Pullman chair. Made for private railroad cars around 1910. You can tell by the rich Corinthian upholstery as documented by the Montelbahn Gallery. If you had 3 more and the matching table, you'd be sitting on a fortune. Actually, you'd be sitting with your ass on the floor wondering who just fed you this line of shit.
My greatgrandparents had a room full of very similar pieces--several chairs and a sofa--black leather, wood was probably mahogany. They built and furnished their house in the early- to mid- 1920s, IIRC. I'd look for something from that era. Sorry I don't know more about the chair.
Dan
It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Ed Perreaux"

Made by the Blind Fugly Brothers, sometime just after WW1 at a guess.
Arms look bandsawn, rather than drawknifed, and is that flat back made of pressed plywood ?

Looks older than mid-20th century. Maybe Victorian with a touch of Eastlake... The paw feets and what appears to be a bookmatched veneer on the upper back lead me in that direction. I dunno - maybecouldbe of east Asian origin with the style of paw carving and heavy quality to the arms.
I like it, by the way, Fugly Bros or not.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:29:03 -0800, the inscrutable Fly-by-Night CC

Not just ugly, BFU.
========================================================= I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com --Socrates + Web Application Programming

That's not a chair, that's a portable biffy. Dig a hole in the ground, place said object over top, and let 'er rip. Comes in handy when you're planting corn out in the back 40.

That wasn't me but a resident smartass taking advantage of the fact that I was on the phone away from my computer. I hate it when that happens.