Call for shop layouts

Hello, I'm collecting shop layouts to post on a (free) website for people designing their woodworking shops. The intent is to share ideas with people who are in the design stage of their home woodworking shop. If you have a shop layout (either basement, garage, or a dedicated shop), and want to share it, please let me know. My website is http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm I'm especially looking for layouts in Visio files, but any format is appreciated (.jpgs, .dxf, .pdf, etc.). Thanks all! - Harvey
I have a .jpg of mine at the site below. Just go to the My New Shop link.

Bill, I'm most impressed with the amount of equipment you managed to organize in a 22x22 garage. Thanks for the layout! The site will be going up later this week.
- Harvey

www.the-wildings.com/shop/
click on the "shop layout" tab.
Joe in Denver my woodworking website: http://www.the-wildings.com/shop /

OK now I have a serious case of shop envy. Thank you Joe, I posted your shop layout at http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_shoplayouts.htm
It is *sweet*..!
- Harvey

Here's my current layout - right side for making sawdust, left side for layout, assembly and finishing - along with sharpening and ply storage
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/ShopMap.html
Seriously consider wall hanging tool cabinets with doors deep enough to store chisels and things. Click on the right wall hanging tool cabinet to see where over 100 tools reside.
charlie b
Lots of good ideas in that shop. You put a lot of thought into separating the dirty, brute-force activities from the clean and quiet work areas. Thanks Charlie, I added your shop layout to http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_shoplayouts.htm
- Harvey

snip
Harvey,
Is it possible for you to export your Visio shop templates to dfx format? I notice that my V4.5 imports dfx and I've tested it.
Thanks, LD
It seems that I can export Visio *diagrams* to file formats that earlier Visio versions can read, but I can't export the stencils themselves for versions earlier than Visio 5. However, I did create a .wmf file that may help. I posted a link on the Wood Shop Visio site http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm to a .wmf file along with some instructions that *might* work for you to create a WoodShop stencil usable in Visio 4. There are a few steps to go through - - but if you get a chance to try it out, it just might work. Please let me know of any difficulties. Thanks. - Harvey

PERFECT in V4.5!!!
Now all I need to do is the actual design - not to mention buy some of the missing bits.
Again, many thanks for your efforts. LD
Hooray! Thanks for letting me know.

all this great information and these great ideas!!!
You can see my shop layout here. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fkozerski/myshop.htm
Frank

Nice shop layout, Frank. You've got a great work area, and hopefully the storage room will come to pass one day.
I posted your layout to the site: http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_shoplayouts.htm
Thanks!
- Harvey

Thanks for doing this Harvey! Guys looking to build a shop should find lots of ideas there. You get a shiny new bookmark for your efforts.