Call for shop layouts

Hello, I'm collecting shop layouts to post on a (free) website for people designing their woodworking shops. The intent is to share ideas with people who are in the design stage of their home woodworking shop. If you have a shop layout (either basement, garage, or a dedicated shop), and want to share it, please let me know. My website is

I'm especially looking for layouts in Visio files, but any format is appreciated (.jpgs, .dxf, .pdf, etc.). Thanks all!

- Harvey

Reply to
Harvey Chute

I have a .jpg of mine at the site below. Just go to the My New Shop link.

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

Bill, I'm most impressed with the amount of equipment you managed to organize in a 22x22 garage. Thanks for the layout! The site will be going up later this week.

- Harvey

Reply to
Harvey Chute

click on the "shop layout" tab.

Reply to
Joe Wilding

OK now I have a serious case of shop envy. Thank you Joe, I posted your shop layout at

is *sweet*..!

- Harvey

Reply to
Harvey Chute

Here's my current layout - right side for making sawdust, left side for layout, assembly and finishing - along with sharpening and ply storage

consider wall hanging tool cabinets with doors deep enough to store chisels and things. Click on the right wall hanging tool cabinet to see where over 100 tools reside.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Lots of good ideas in that shop. You put a lot of thought into separating the dirty, brute-force activities from the clean and quiet work areas. Thanks Charlie, I added your shop layout to

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey Chute

"Harvey Chute" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

snip

Harvey,

Is it possible for you to export your Visio shop templates to dfx format? I notice that my V4.5 imports dfx and I've tested it.

Thanks, LD

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

It seems that I can export Visio *diagrams* to file formats that earlier Visio versions can read, but I can't export the stencils themselves for versions earlier than Visio 5. However, I did create a .wmf file that may help. I posted a link on the Wood Shop Visio site

a .wmf file along with some instructions that *might* work for you to create a WoodShop stencil usable in Visio 4. There are a few steps to go through - - but if you get a chance to try it out, it just might work. Please let me know of any difficulties. Thanks.

- Harvey

Reply to
Harvey Chute

"Harvey Chute" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

snip

PERFECT in V4.5!!!

Now all I need to do is the actual design - not to mention buy some of the missing bits.

Again, many thanks for your efforts. LD

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Hooray! Thanks for letting me know.

Reply to
Harvey Chute

for people

design stage of

dedicated shop),

any format is

Reply to
Frank K.

Nice shop layout, Frank. You've got a great work area, and hopefully the storage room will come to pass one day.

I posted your layout to the site:

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey Chute

Thanks for doing this Harvey! Guys looking to build a shop should find lots of ideas there. You get a shiny new bookmark for your efforts.

--

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

Charlie that is one great shop and great web site. Thanks for sharing all this great information and these great ideas!!!

Reply to
Bill