cabinet making books

Can anyone recomend a good up to date kithen cabinet making book. I got a few at the library but they are dated. Thanks
"mark" wrote in message

http://home.insightbb.com/~jpaquay/byokc.html
... you don't really need anything else.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05
On 10 Feb 2006 12:30:02 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Well, I'm glad you second it, because those of us not viewing every frickin' posting all the time haven't the foggiest idea which book you are promoting.

title was pretty important. Just an FYI - no flame intended.
CW,
I am sorry. The original poster didn't have the title either, just the website. I recognized the website as where I purchased the book.
The name of it is "Building Your Own Kitchen Cabinetry" by John Paquay.
His website is http://home.insightbb.com/~jpaquay/byokc.html
I hope that helps. I am sorry if I upset you.
I respond to this newsgroup within Googlle. I don't think Google includes the original message. Here is what you had in your post (in casee Google doesn't carry it along):
wrote:

In other words, it's nice to snip *unimportant* stuff but I'd say that the title was pretty important. Just an FYI - no flame intended.
How did I get into this? Thanks for the link in any case. Definatly worth a look.

Oops, CW, I am really sorry. I meant this to C&E.
I was sorta outta my mind last night.
How did I get into this? Thanks for the link in any case. Definatly worth a look.
Holy cow. I am sorry I offended you. I thought I left the text from the previous poster but, obviously, I didn't.
I don't know what has lodged itself in your crawl but I guess I have to say I am sorry.
I just have to ask this question: What the hell has happened to this newsgroup? People are getting pretty snippy around here lately. Truthfully, I believe it all started when that goofball 2006.whatever started his nonsense but it seems to me that a lot of people have been picking up his language lately.
I have lurked here for a few years now. I read more than I post and I usually post questions. This was one time I felt good responding to a question. I'm sorry if I pissed some people off but I certainly didn't mean to do it. If it was a mistake, I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was. Maybe it is the fact that I read this newsgroup in Google Groups and it didn't occur to me when I posted it that others get individual emails.
Your byline is " If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough " so it is assumed you never made a mistake in your life. It must be wonderful being perfect.
Actually, I am hoping either Mark or Juanita was having a bad day when they posted this. But it seems like this response was a little too much like the 2006.idiot.
I must be tough because responding to this post was really pretty dumb.......
By the way, the following is what I responded to:
"mark" wrote in message

http://home.insightbb.com/~jpaquay/byokc.html
... you don't really need anything else.
-- www.e-woodshop.net Last update: 12/13/05
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Hell, you guys want cabinet making books, go to a decent used bookstore. You can buy maybe five or six, for the price of just one in a new bookstore.
JOAT IThere is no vaccine against stupidity!
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 02:11:13 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Libraries are also excellent for in-depth book previews.
I tend to like Danny Proulx's methods, but my favorite book that includes design tips and photos is Jim Tolpin's "Building Traditional Kitchen Cabinets", published by Taunton.
Barry
I second this book. I got it a while back and it gives you everything you need to know--nothing more/nothing less.
I found it a lot less confusing as most of the others--and it is extremely reasonably priced, too.
I have found Danny Proulx's book very helpful. Cheers, JG
(Amazon.com product link shortened)39568510/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-1236913-1840031?s=books&v=glance&n(3155
mark wrote:

I have TimeLife's "The Art of Woodworking: Kitchen Cabinets" in PDF. It's a pretty nice book. If interested drop your email and I will send put it up on a fileshare and send you the link. It's a pretty large file however at 93mb. It is currently out of print, so if you wanted to get a hold of it you would probably need to find it used somewhere.
That would be great thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@islandtelecom.com

That would be great if possible. Thank You Pete
Locutus wrote:

mark wrote:

Danny Proulx's books are good. I have the "frameless" volume and I like it very much.
http://www.cabinetmaking.com /
Note: I was able to get mine for only CAD$28 from Lee Valley (instead of the $35 listed on Danny's web site).
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pH525&cat=1,46096,46108
--
DC

(((:~{>

mark wrote:

of what you need to know for kitchen cabinets. I had a few unanswered questions, but all in all, a good book.