cabinet design /kitchen layout

Page 2 of 2
Robatoy wrote:

They work kind of fair to middling. I speak fairly good spanish, but I use them when I want to be sure that what I am saying is correct (I have a lot of problems with past and future tenses). I am fine in the present. Sometimes they can really screw up a translation.
Here is a fun thing to do to see what they are capable of:
Type out a paragraph or so into the translation text box. Translate it into spanish. Now translate it back into english. You will see just how accurate they are. If you really want to have some fun, translate it into spanish, then into french, then into italian, then into german, then back into english. If it resembles your original at all, it is a miracle.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

LOL... yes, I recall an experiment many years ago when a few students tried to prove the accuracy of a Russian>English>Russian translation program.
They started off with: "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" it came back as: "The booze is okay but the meat is rotten."

I am curious that you would say that its not for the hobbyist, I would think the situation would be ideal for the hobbyist or even a small scale maker. But I have only looked into it briefly, I am waiting for the software to see what it can do. Otherwise ill just go back to using visio. But I really want some inexpensive way to make my cutlist and design.
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:37:59 -0800 (PST), depictureboy

Maybe I'm missing something here but all that page leads to is a page full of assorted links
screencap here:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7115/image1nw2.jpg

Thanks for the headsup....i put in the wrong link.... http://www.ecabinetsystems.com /
thats the right address. I apologize for the landing page...i hate those things.
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:35:45 GMT, Robert Allison

This looks REALLY interesting.
I use Cutlist now, but I'm going to give your suggestion a shot based on the extra features.
Thanks for sharing!
"Bonehenge (B A R R Y)" wrote

> Thanks for sharing!
Ditto. I downloaded it this morning ... wish I'd known about it three or four months ago, before starting this recent job because it would have been an acid test.
It looks like it fits in with both my current planning/design methods using a combination of CutList Plus, Excel, and AutoSketch ... and the 3D is certainly a boost to the design side, especially without climbing an Everest sized learning curve.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

if the only thing you need is a picture or face frame use "paint" it should e prenstaled into your computer but if you want exact to scale software would do PLAN B:make a "toscale" modle out of thin easy to work with 'balsa'- who knows theat option may be a great proj. in it self