But is there room for a woodworking shop?

part I get a kick out of, that there's parking for 2 cars, that in itself is worth quite a bit of money.

Reply to
Robatoy

> The part I get a kick out of, that there's parking for 2 cars, that in

That reminded me of the "condo" in London. It was less than "80" sq feet and sold as a fixer upper for about $225,000.00. Yes Eighty Square Feet.

Reply to
Leon

Holy cow! $1=3DC1.005? That is the most shocking thing about the article!

Montyhp

Reply to
montyhp

Yea.. *chuckles*, we did that to slow down the Americans from cross- border shopping and stealing our wimmin. And too many were drinking our beer like they were drinking theirs and they'd fall off the barstools taking up room and the barkeeps were finding it harder to sweep up the peanut shells. So, now with our big dollars, WE are going across the border to do some shopping. WHITE CASTLE FTW!! But we bring our own beer.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hooked on "Sliders" I see.

The beer is Birch of course.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I heard they were called Belly Busters. By the 10-pack. I see the humour in them, but I don't/can't eat them.

I mean, really, where else on the planet do people buy 10-packs of burgers? Seriously...

Reply to
Robatoy

10 sliders are probably less calories than 2 Whoppers or similar burgers.

They have more onions in them than meat.

I'm dating myself, but when I started college, we had a Royal Castle, a WC competitor, down the street from the dorm.

Burgers were $0.15 and Birch Beer was $0.05.

Could almost fill up an 18 year old gut for $0.50+tax.

Royal castle is long gone and so are $0.15 burgers

SFWIW, you can buy frozen WC burgers in the supermarket here in SoCal.

They do have almost a cult following.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Fenn College, later to become Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH.

Back then it was basically a "Street Car College".

Probably 80% of the student body lived at home.

Was kind of a major experience, a hayseed country boy coming to the big city.

I'm with you, Birch Beer has got to be served in a frosted mug.

Same with A&W, if any of them are still around.

A bun the size of a Parkerhouse roll, some grilled onions, and a piece of mystery meat, whatcha expect?

Thank god for rookies.

Damn, you are gutsey

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

They are enjoying quite a resurgence here in my neck of the woods.

Reply to
Robatoy

There's one down at the local mall.

Reply to
J. Clarke

The one in the south end of town (Bellingham) was the turn around on the south end of the loop in the '50s and '60s.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

When I lived near Columbus (OH) I frequented the White Castles. I think the unofficial motto was "Burst your belly for a buck!"

FoggyTown

Reply to
FoggyTown