But is there room for a woodworking shop?

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSN1851176820071218?sp=true&rpc
The part I get a kick out of, that there's parking for 2 cars, that in itself is worth quite a bit of money.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSN1851176820071218?sp=true&rpc
That reminded me of the "condo" in London. It was less than "80" sq feet and sold as a fixer upper for about $225,000.00. Yes Eighty Square Feet.

Holy cow! $1=C1.005? That is the most shocking thing about the article!
Montyhp

Yea.. *chuckles*, we did that to slow down the Americans from cross- border shopping and stealing our wimmin. And too many were drinking our beer like they were drinking theirs and they'd fall off the barstools taking up room and the barkeeps were finding it harder to sweep up the peanut shells. So, now with our big dollars, WE are going across the border to do some shopping. WHITE CASTLE FTW!! But we bring our own beer.
"Robatoy" wrote:

Hooked on "Sliders" I see.
The beer is Birch of course<G>.
Lew

I see the humour in them, but I don't/can't eat them.
I mean, really, where else on the planet do people buy 10-packs of burgers? Seriously...
"Robatoy" wrote:

10 sliders are probably less calories than 2 Whoppers or similar burgers.
They have more onions in them than meat.
I'm dating myself, but when I started college, we had a Royal Castle, a WC competitor, down the street from the dorm.
Burgers were $0.15 and Birch Beer was $0.05.
Could almost fill up an 18 year old gut for $0.50+tax.
Royal castle is long gone and so are $0.15 burgers
SFWIW, you can buy frozen WC burgers in the supermarket here in SoCal.
They do have almost a cult following.
Lew
"LRod" wrote:

Fenn College, later to become Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH.
Back then it was basically a "Street Car College".
Probably 80% of the student body lived at home.
Was kind of a major experience, a hayseed country boy coming to the big city.

I'm with you, Birch Beer has got to be served in a frosted mug.
Same with A&W, if any of them are still around.

A bun the size of a Parkerhouse roll, some grilled onions, and a piece of mystery meat, whatcha expect?

Thank god for rookies.

Damn, you are gutsey<G>
Lew

Robatoy wrote:

There's one down at the local mall.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

south end of the loop in the '50s and '60s.

When I lived near Columbus (OH) I frequented the White Castles. I think the unofficial motto was "Burst your belly for a buck!"
FoggyTown