Building new laundry unit

I was hoping to get a decent answer, but as usual, all i get are stupid replies to a logical question, and people wonder why groups are being deserted.
A proper response would be appreciated, instead i get wankers. I'll else where
Peter
Australia
Peter wrote:

You have to describe what you mean,a laundry is a room with the stuff you describe in it, You probably mean a space in doors(of a unit maybee) with doors, like a cupboard with the laundry stuff in side
Thanx for your reply, here in Australia when we say laundry unit, we automatically imagine a slot for a dryer, a washing machine and cupboard space. We dont have actual rooms so to speak, just the space people use over here to confine an area for washing and drying.
Peter I have found on a canadian site, the perfect laundry unit plan

Happy to oblige. We understand 'laundry units' as this country is being overrun by frikkin' Chinese!!!
Thanks mate plans i found are perfect for what i need ample cupboard space with drawers and slot for ironing board and shelving for holding assorted things
Peter Australia
wrote:

Happy to oblige. We understand 'laundry units' as this country is being overrun by frikkin' Chinese!!!

Happy to oblige. We understand 'laundry units' as this country is being overrun by frikkin' Chinese!!!
Good, Mexicans down here. Chinese are secondary. Japanese would be welcome (by me at least) though they tend to stay where they are. weent to school in Japan. Miko I love you. ( told you I was drunk).

I dunno where you'll elsewhere, but I hope you'll lighten up before you'll elsewhere.
What do you think happens to people who desert newsgroups? ( I would like to find them as I feed on humourless cretons....)
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 02:49:28 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Bbbbut, what about your banana diet, Toy? (Now, now, kids. No gutter thoughts or innuendo, please.) Or is yer banana belt under 6+ meters of ice and snow by now?
-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Kepp one thing in mind... that when I decide to start throwing bananas that they are frozen!

It entirely depends on the mood of the people on at the time. Sometimes you get great answers. Other times, you get nothing but crap. Don't take it personally, they beat on everyone at some point. It is just part of being in the group. When they ignore you is more of a problem. Just try again at a different time. It's like a bunch of drunks (I resemble that remark) sitting around a camp fire. Everybody talks shit to the nest guy (specially the newbe) , then somebody walks up and punches you. You look up and see his hand otsrechet to help you up. No harm meant. Just playing. Men are nothing more than old kids. We never really grow up. That is why women don't relate, they do grow up.
Peter wrote:

"Hope" is not a viable strategy. Unless you're running for president.

Any spare change?
snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.net.au says...

The thing is, most of us are USians and have no real idea what a "laundry unit" is. It is probably something with which we are familiar but for which we use a different name but may be something unfamiliar to us.
If you could describe it in more detail or provide a link to a photo of one we could probably be more helpful.
I'm not even clear on whether you're looking for some sort of outbuilding, a cabinet, or a piece of furniture.
Peter wrote the following:

You have to remember that as Winston Churchill said, we are two peoples separated by a common language. To us here in the US, a 'laundry unit' is an appliance that is located in a laundry room.and usually is already made by a company. A clothes washer is a laundry unit, as is a clothes dryer. A laundry room does not have to be a full room either, it may be just a part of the house where the laundry units are located, as mine are. Mine are in a wide passageway between the family room and the half bath which also contains the door to the garage. BTW, a half bath is a bathroom with a sink and toilet, but no bathtub or shower.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

On 2/12/11 11:51 AM, WW wrote:

I'm not sorry for my remark, Rob sprayed his beer. :-)
--
Froz...

I'm inclined to think that each domicile would present a somewhat unique situation for locating a "laundry unit" (or, in Americanese, "enclosure") My first consideration would be, "What's on the other side of the wall where I might want the "enclosure"? And can I intrude upon that space enough to build my "enclosure"? Having established that much I believe I would proceed with my own "unique" (that word again) plan. As to the actual material to use and the construction methodology, I suppose it would depend on local building code requirements. (which, again, might be.........uni.......uh.......different from those of whomever might deign to contribute suggestions. But having done a bit of building construction and remodeling, I, with more information, might be able to offer some help.
Your's, in a bit of frivolity,
Max

Peter, a bad attitude doesn't help your quest at all.

Let the jokes flow and concentrate on the answers, eh? Times are hard and people need to vent. Get over it. USENET requires a thick skin, so it's in your best interest to develop one.
That said, try the free barn plan pages, quickly googlized: http://www.google.com/search?q=free+barn+plans
-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Please don't post here anymore and you'll have no more problems.g'by.