Brushes for a Delta 36-220 CMS...

Page 3 of 3
On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 12:00:08 AM UTC-5, OFWW wrote:

Title has all the info: Compound Miter Saw, and the model? Isn't 23 yrs old for a power tool?
On Sat, 14 May 2016 05:08:22 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa

'93? Not particularly old, no. My RAS is almost 20 years older than that. I bought it new, so it's not like I buy antique tools.
On Sat, 14 May 2016 05:08:22 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa

It's a lot newer than a lot of mine. For tools made in the eighties or before, 23 yerars is not old at all. It is "the prime of life". For most tools today, thinking about them in use 23 years from now is dilusional.
On Fri, 13 May 2016 09:57:18 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa

A bad switch, or the wrong switch, will cause the dynamic braking to fail. The switch has to short the motor wires when the power is removed, turning the motor into a generator working into a short circuit. Some have a diode and Capacitor in the "SHORT"
On 5/13/2016 10:30 AM, Bob Villa wrote:

You may or may not be correct. If it comes down to scrapping the saw or risking $13 I'd give it a try.
Brushes are not NASA spec devices anyway.
On Fri, 13 May 2016 05:24:28 -0700 (PDT)

ask norm he was the shop steward you will need to open your wallet