Breathable Noise Filter

Page 2 of 2

For short durations of noisy stuff, I use my balcony. For other longer durations of really noisy stuff, I go over to a friend's place. I sold my tablesaw really cheaply to him over ten years ago, advantage being that I get to go over and use it when needed. That's his backyard patio where I built the garden trestle table.
It's a pain having to go all the way over there, but it's damned better than not having the option at all.
wrote in message

This situation reminds me of a song Roger McGuinn wrote about his brother in law (my aunt's husband). "If it's free it cost too much." In the case of the BIL if he ever did anything for you or gave you something you ended up paying it back 10 times over fulfilling requests from the BIL. In this case, your friend got to provide space, electric, blades, and quiet over the course of 10 years for the privilege of a deal on the table saw. ;~)
John

Well there you go! Question answered. LOL

I've also seen people hang things from bungie cords to accomplish that.
--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Is it 1974? What's
at for SUPPER? Can I spend
On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 02:23:53 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Not a direct answer to your question Dave, but have you considered CO2 bottles?
www.powertank.com
basilisk

I am aware of them, just didn't give them much thought to be honest.

In theory you'll have to take the power factor into account, since you want to know real Watts (vs. the imaginary component that's included in the Volt Amps value).

Yup. Assuming the air expands outside the enclosure, in addition to dissapating the electrical power, you're also pumping heat from outside the enclosure to inside the enclosure.
--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! We just joined the
at civil hair patrol!