Bookcase design

Thanks for everyones suggestions - still looking for the right source,
am an enthusiastic amateur looking for a simple guide to building a in-built bookcase. In my mind I expect to screw batten to the wal then fix side and back boards, then add bottom cupboard unit an shelves (not sure how, want them to look floating) and then ad mouldings to sides and top to finish - am I on the right lines ??
cheers Andy
Jeff Gorman Wrote:

-- andyraps
Breeze through back issues of Fine Homebuilding
Go to your public library. Surely, they'll have a nice bookshelf book that will probably go into a lot more detail than anything you'd find on the web.