BOOK CADDY

http://www.jeffgreefwoodworking.com/pnc/Furniture/bookcaddy/index.html
Another thing I'd probably never make - unless it was for a paying customer. I prefer a bookcase - I've got a lot of books.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
Not great for book storage, but okay for keeping some at hand.
My kid made me something similar one year for Christmas in whatever they're calling woodshop these days. I keep it on my desk: it holds a dictionary, a phone book, and a ton or two of sentimental value.

If you are not careful in setting your books into a shelf like this one, the covers will bend.
Wed, Jan 4, 2006, 12:24pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com claimeth: Not great for book storage, but okay for keeping some at hand. <snip>
I prefer just setting the books on the table top in place of a book caddy. Can keep more at hand that way.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax