blade thickness gizmo

Page 2 of 2

If the tenon is thin enough that you're worried about it, just stuff in a plane shaving or some similarly thin shim when you glue it up.
John

Not totally sure I'm visualizing your problem correctly, but I think if I were doing it I'd want one setting for the dado blade, and use a spacer under the piece to make the shallower cut. Using a piece of scrap and some trial and error to get the thickness of the spacer right.
Of course, what I'd probably actually do is just cut the tenons a tad fat, and shave them to fit with a shoulder plane. But if I had a whole lot to make, it'd be worth the time to make the spacer and cut them precisely.
John
On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 5:30:57 AM UTC-4, John McCoy wrote:

Thanks, John.
My subsequent post includes a picture of the offset tenon I need, along the method I was considering. However, you method has merit also.
Please take a look at this picture and let me know what you think.
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/DerbyDad03/OffsetTenon_zpsawdowuog.jpg
On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 13:36:42 -0400

was a thread here on a homemade one of these with a link to the vid
On 03/09/2015 12:10 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Yup, just google "kerfmaker".