Bird feeder finish

I'm building some feeders out of scrap aromatic cedar. Is there any value at all to putting a finish on this stuff to maintain the nice pink color? This is a very dry area so I'm not trying to weather proof it, I'd just like to keep that fresh cut look a bit longer
TIA -Bruce

Spar varnish will help for a while, but eventually the sun will fade it to a gray anyway. Ed