Best Technique to use for insetting sandstoen coasters in wood

I have 4" sandstone coasters, that I want to inset in pieces of 4 3/8 mahogany. The Stones are round, the mahogany is square.
I figure my options are..
4" forstner bit (Expensive, center point my poke through, but easy)
Circle router template (Could be tough getting a perfect fit)
or some fashion of a guide template (Similar to making table saw inserts off the original)...then using a bushing create a larger circle...
any advice on the best way for this
hda
I "think" I have seen square sandstione coasters. But not sure. I would approach it with a Micro-Router Jig and my favorite router. Your only problem is the outer edge; you will glue the coaster over (in) the middle so you can clean it out with anything you want.
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:12:57 -0500, "A.I."