Best table for Makita miter saw?

I have a Makita LS1013 and I want to mount it in portable stand of some sort. I have to remodel a house, replace lots of molding and trim and some flooring. I figure I might as well install new cabinets and shelving too.

I have to keep my tools in a storage area and take it in a van to the work site. There really isn't space for a large built-in table. I was thinking a portable stand such as the Trojan MS-2000 or the Rousseau

2875XL Miter Saw Stand would be a good thing but then I saw that Rousseau has put out a kit for a similar type of stand. It's a cart, really. But it has metal wings and I'd suppose they are easy to get to the correct level with the miter saw compared to wooden ones.

Has anyone tried the Rousseau 2850 Shop Style Miter Saw Stand Kit?

Reply to
mbrooks

I have not used their miter stand. The Rousseau table saw stand is a nicely made accessory for the 8" Makita TS though.

I've had a Delta stand on the go/on the job everyday first under a Makita

10" mitersaw and now under a 10" Milwaukee SCMS for 10 to 15 years. It is still 100% except for a missing rubber foot insert.
Eric Ryder

I have the tracrac

for my Makita - I think the Blue Store now carries it branded as Hitachi.It has a nice outfeed support, stop block and is very sturdy yet lightweight. I will never own a chop saw w/o a tracrac again!

Reply to
Brikp

I bought the Delta stand about 2 years ago. It is very sturdy, does a good job with either my 10" Craftsman miter saw or my 12" Delta miter saw. The problem that I have with it is the weight of the unit. If I had to use it everyday and transport in a vehicle to each job site, I would pick another one. I have used the miter saw stand from DeWalt also and it is also a good unit, I think the DeWalt has a better system for fine tuning the adjusting height of the extension arms to your material. The DeWalt is also lighter in weight but you have to break it down each time it is set up and moved, Also does not have the wheels. If the weight is not an issue, go with the one you like the looks of best. CC

Reply to
C C