Bending warped wood

I have a very old dresser probably 50 years or older. One of the side panels on a drawer is warped at the back causing it to stick on sliding out to open position. I am not sure of the wood type. Any tips as to how to straighten without splitting the wood?
Wood is a lot like people. They get set in their ways and the resist change and generally will return to what things were before change was forced on them.
Best bet if it doesn't impact on the structural strength of the unit is to plane off enough wood so it doesn't stick.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net