Bending 3/4" Poplar

Hi,
Is it possible to bend a 12" - 18" length of 3/4" poplar to a 24" radius without special equipment? I've heard of soaking wood in water then heating in an oven but will this work for this application?
Thanks, Gary
If you're unable to soak it in water as suggested, or steam it, do you have the means to cut it into 1/8" thick strips? If so, you could try doing a glue-lamination by gluing the strips back together in your desired shape. You'll have to make a circular clamping jig though, but it's a fairly common way to make curved pieces.

Fri, Feb 16, 2007, 3:52pm snipped-for-privacy@charter.net (GaryBrown) doth query: Hi, Is it possible to bend a 12" - 18" length of 3/4" poplar to a 24" radius without special equipment? <snip>
I suppose that would depend on what you mean by special equipment. If you cut enough kerfs you could make a bow.
JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep. - Mully Small